Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- South Africa: 'Traffic Light Teacher' Peddles Zulu Words On Street Corners(The Daily Vox)
- South Africa: SA Team Develops HIV Monitoring Tool(SA Info)
- South Africa: Solar Powered Schoolbags Wins Young SA Entrepreneur Recognition(The Daily Vox)
- AfDB and Srep Help Promote Renewable Energy in Mali
- AfDB Approves U.S. $82.7-Million Grant to Improve Batshamba-Tshikapa Road in the DRC
- AfDB Approves U.S. $82.7- Million Grant to Improve Batshamba-Tshikapa Road in the DRC
- AfDB Eases Investor Risk in Large African Geothermal Project
- Central African Countries Commit to Move Forward On Se4all and Address Energy Access Challenge
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.