Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- South Africa: Homeless Man Fixes Potholes, Sometimes On an Empty Stomach(News24Wire)
- Uganda: 'I Set Up My Farm to Inspire Others'(Monitor)
- East Africa: Student Launches Solar Backpack to Light Up Homework for Kenyan School Children(CIO)
- Kenya: #oow15 - a 16-Year Old Student Wins Duke's Choice Award 2015 At the Java One Conference(CIO)
- Namibia: Braai Package Earns Danie Bizzkids Award(New Era)
- South Africa: SA Leaders Most Admired By World's Millennials(News24Wire)
- Uganda: Hooked By Cooking At the Age of Nine(Monitor)
Notices and Announcements
AllAfrica publishes around 1,700 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.