Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- Uganda: How Banana Growing Turned Around the Life of a Drunkard(Monitor)
- South Africa: Art in a Khayelitsha Fruit and Veg Shack(News24Wire)
- South Africa: Fearless Homeless Man 'A Hero' for Saving Drowning Man(News24Wire)
- South Africa: Homeless Man Rescues Man From Near Drowning in Cape Town(News24Wire)
- South Africa: Pupil Committed to Helping Others After Losing Arm During School Trip(News24Wire)
- South Africa: Centenarian Insists On Walking Herself Around Robben Island(News24Wire)
- Africa: The Africa Weightlifting Champion Who Chose to Become a Mechanic(Nation)
- Uganda: A Menu Spiced With Art(Monitor)
- Egypt: Loss to Egypt Was Painful, Says Sanni Ahmed(Vanguard)
- Namibia: Orphan Sparkles Up Homes and Businesses(Namibian)
- South Africa: Blind Computer Scientist Makes the Impossible Possible(News24Wire)
- AfDB President and Bank Delegation to Strengthen Alliances At 2015 World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings in Lima, Peru
- Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara Receives New AfDB President, Akinwumi Adesina
- Special Address Delivered By Akinwumi A. Adesina, AfDB's President At G20 Energy Ministers Meeting On "Inclusive Energy Collaboration - Delivering On the G 20 Energy Principles" - October 2, 2015 - Istanbul, Turkey
- Multilateral Financial Institutions Convene in Abidjan for Working Group On Environmental and Social Standards
- AfDB Discusses Potential Business Opportunities and Partnerships During the MDB Global Development Fund Project Plaza in Korea
- AfDB, IMF Host Training On Financial Soundness for Officials From 18 African Countries
- World Food Day, October 16 - "Social Protection and Agriculture - Breaking the Cycle of Rural Poverty"
- AfDB Hosts Dakar Workshop for Csos On the Role of Technology in Transparency
- Enhanced Legal Capacity Essential for Successful Negotiations in the Mining Sector
- The AfDB Injects 8.226 Billion CFA Francs to Boost Industrial Competitiveness in Côte d'Ivoire
- Integrity in Development Projects - AfDB and SNC-Lavalin Settle Corruption Allegations
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.