Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- Kenya: Uriri Youth Get Equipment to Boost Their Businesses(The Star)
- Tanzania: Smartphones Bring New Hope to Country's Development(Daily News)
- Namibia: Man Opens His Heart to Katutura Orphans(New Era)
- Kenya: Shree Navnat Vanik Mahajan and Shree Sthanakvasi Jain Sangh Wheelchair Donation(The Star)
- South Africa: Smile the Beloved Country - How an Ice Cream and a Random Act of Kindness Made Us Feel Good Again(Daily Maverick)
- Lake Turkana Wind Power Project Nominated Power Deal of the Year in 2014
- AfDB Makes U.S.$ 22 Million Loan to Develop Lake Tanganyika in Zambia
- AfDB Makes U.S. $250-Million Loan to State Owned Company Transnet in South Africa
- AfDB Approves Loans to Improve Transport and Roads in Mano River Countries
- AfDB Donates U.S. $10 Million to Reform Economic Governance in Burundi
- AfDB Helps Strengthen the Resilience of Socio-Ecological Systems in Lake Chad Basin
- AfDB Provides Us $108 Million to Repair the Tshikapa-Mbuji Mayi Road and Rural Infrastructure in DRC
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.