Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- Algeria: All Regions of Algeria to Be Connected to Fibre Optic Network By End 2015(Algerie Presse Service)
- Tanzania: Zanzibar to Have Library in Every District(Daily News)
- African Development Bank Now Supports 27 African Countries to Advance Climate-Smart Initiatives, Report Says
- AfDB Receives Two Awards Recognizing Its Achievements in the Capital Markets
- First Afrik4r-Comesa Peer Review Meeting Launched in Nairobi
- Process of Developing an Ecowas Policy On Women and Energy Kicks Off
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.