Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- South Africa: Cyclist Travels Across Africa in Record Time(News24Wire)
- South Africa: Mfuleni Vegetable Garden Gives People Dignity(GroundUp)
- Namibia: Bikers Donate to Underprivileged School(New Era)
- Kenya: Hawker Finds Success in Commercial Farming(The Star)
- Tanzania: Local Boy Makes It to Regional Engineering Prize Finals(Daily News)
- Sefa Calls for Proposals to Support Green Mini-Grid Development
- African Countries Reach Tipping Point As Pilots for Renewable Energy, Climate Resilience and Sustainable Forests
- AfDB Approves U.S.$70.5 Million Budget Support Operation for Tanzania Energy Sector
- Se4all Action Agendas Set Stage for Mobilizing Investment in Sustainable Energy in Africa
- Launch of the African Economic Outlook 2015
- Opportunities Abound in Mali's Promising Renewable Energy Sector, Says New Country Profile
- AfDB Supporting Women to Become Self Sufficient
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.