Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- Tanzania: Zanzibar to Have Library in Every District(Daily News)
- Kenya: Kenyan, South African Entrepreneurs Picked for Program to Fight Climate Change(CIO)
- South Africa: Soweto School Garden Feeds 500, Reduces Malnutrition(Health-e)
- Tanzania: U.S. Boy Sends Presents to Arusha Children(Daily News)
- AfDB Committed to Africa's Transformation Through Improved Agriculture
- Peaceful Elections and Fighting Back Ebola On the Agenda At 24th Summit of the Africa Union
- Sustainable Energy for All Africa Hub Gathers Partners in Abidjan to Advance Initiative Across the Continent
- AfDB and Niger Sign Two Agreements Totalling $61 Million to Reduce Food Insecurity
- Afrik4r-Waemu Peer Review Assessment Meeting
- Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa to Support a 72 Mw Solar Pv Power Plant in Cameroon
- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta Launches AfDB - Financed Nairobi Outer Ring Road Improvement Project
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.