Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- South Africa: SA Team Develops HIV Monitoring Tool(SA Info)
- South Africa: Solar Powered Schoolbags Wins Young SA Entrepreneur Recognition(The Daily Vox)
- Africa: Invest in Youth to Harness Africa's Demographic Dividend(UNFPA)
- Africa: Op-Ed - the Great Mystery of the African Talent Diaspora(Daily Maverick)
- Kenya: Needy Kids in Kiambu Get Bursary(The Star)
- Kenya: Old Bicycle Parts Get New Life As House Furniture(The Star)
- Namibia: Mother, Daughter Establish Formidable Business Venture(New Era)
- Kenya: Kenya Among 30 Countries That Contribute 'The Most Good' in the World(Capital FM)
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.