Twenty-eight years ago, dozens of musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' - generating over $75 million for famine relief. Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join a two-year initiative in advance of the song's 30th anniversary. To learn how to use this initiative as a platform for promoting diverse causes in the 'We Are the World' spirit, visit this Facebook Group or this Google+ Community.
- Women's Empowerment At Top of Agenda As AfDB Launches Gender Equality Index for Africa
- Let's Learn From Each Other, Kaberuka Tells African Youth
- Where Are Africa's Young Leaders? At the AfDB Annual Meetings
- Mind the Gap - African Development Bank Launches Gender Equality Index for Africa
- Africa - Making Growth More Inclusive Hinges On Unlocking Potential of Local Economies, Says the African Economic Outlook 2015
- Tedx Abidjan - Voices of Hope Set Tone for 2015 AfDB Annual Meetings
- India Signs Replenishment of Technical Cooperation Agreement With African Development Bank Group
- The State of Gender Equality in Africa - Launch of AfDB Africa Gender Equality Index
- The 2015 Annual Meetings - 'The Bank's Window On the World'
- African Countries Reach Tipping Point As Pilots for Renewable Energy, Climate Resilience and Sustainable Forests
- Liberian President Ellen Sirleaf Johnson in Abidjan for Talks On Fixing Africa's Primary Healthcare
- African Economic Outlook Launch Kicks Off 2015 AfDB Annual Meetings
- Sefa Calls for Proposals to Support Green Mini-Grid Development
- Delegates Gather in Abidjan for AfDB's 2015 Annual Meetings and Golden Jubilee
- Interview With Chiji Ojukwu, Director, Agriculture and Agro-Industry Department, AfDB
- AfDB Approves U.S.$70.5 Million Budget Support Operation for Tanzania Energy Sector
- AfDB Supporting Women to Become Self Sufficient
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.