Lagos — Barely two months after Tejuoso Market in Lagos was set ablaze, another popular market mile 12, Ketu-Lagos was in flames yesterday.
The fire which started at about 3:30pm, according to eye witness, could not be put off easily.
LEADERSHIP Sunday gathered that, officials of the fire service could not rise-up to the incident.
Chairman of the market, Alhaji Haruna Mohammed said that, "We confirmed that the fire started as a result of a fault in electric generator. Immediately when he started the generator, it just caught fire. Look at this four rooms that was where the fire started.
"When they called me that fire has started in the market, I boarded okada to fire service office, but I discovered that the police men had already called them".
The fire spread rapidly as it affected many structures, the market central mosque was also raise by the fire.