The EUNAVFOR Operation Headquarters (OHQ) is currently recruiting a pirate cultural advisor.
Please see below for further details including the principal duties the post-holder will fulfil and the experience required for the role. Instructions for those wishing to submit an application can also be found here. Applications are to be received by the OHQ before close of business on 24 August 2011.
To provide the Operation Commander (OpCdr) and OHQ staff with pirate cultural and religious advice and in particular to advise on pirate trends and weaknesses, including their perceived role in Somalia.
1. Advisor to the OpCdr on pirate culture, business model and modus operandi in the Indian Ocean.
2. In conjunction with the Overseas Support Group garner information on negotiations for ships being held by pirates.
2. Provide and/or prepare written and verbal advice.
3. Provide guidance to the OHQ and EU on pirate culture.
1. Work with Specialist Staff and the intelligence team in order to develop possible pirate cases for prosecution (in the region or through a Member State).
Professional Experience: Military or ex-military who has worked with the CP Forces and/or other parties involved in CP (industry/insurers/negotiators).
Security Clearance: EU Secret
• Professional Experience: Working in Maritime Operations.
• Op Cdr, through the Deputy Operation Commander and the Chief of Staff.
• When authorised engage with all other agencies, as required to achieve your principal tasks and responsibilities.
All applicants should send a CV and a covering letter or mail to our Executive Officer using the details below. The letter or email should explain how the individual's experience will enable them to perform in the role, and how it meets the requirements in the job description. Applications should be received by close of business on 24 August 2011.
Contact details for the Executive Officer:
Commander Conleth Burns (Royal Navy)
European Union Operational HQ
European Union Naval Force
0044 (0) 1923 958 605