One week after the explosions and gun attacks that rocked Damaturu town in Yobe State, more residents have continued to flee the metropolis to other states and local government areas in the state.
A check yesterday showed that several vehicles loaded with goods and people were moving out of the Yobe capital to various destinations.
It would be recalled that Damaturu, on Monday last week, suffered multiple explosions and gunfire in which more than 50 people were killed.
Similarly, the Damaturu prisons were attacked last Sunday by gunmen during which some lives were lost and 40 inmates released.
Meanwhile, business activities have been picking up with some shops and business premises opening up, while customers rush to buy food items and other household needs.
Some of the customers said they were buying essential commodities that they lacked.
It was observed that most civil servants did not report to work one week after the attack.
A civil servant, who spoke on condition of anonymity said, "the fear and tension are still fresh among the people and that is why everyone is very careful of his movement".
"Even those that were forced to go out to buy some needs were rushing back home for safety, hours before the commencement of the 4pm curfew", he said.
Our correspondent reports that the Yobe State government, last Tuesday, imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state capital before it was relaxed from 4pm to 10am.