Nairobi — Two Iranians facing terror charges have now been freed on a cash bail of Sh2 million each and must also secure two Kenyan sureties of Sh5 million.
Principal Magistrate Paul further directed Ahmed Mohamud and Sayed Mausud to deposit their passports with the court.
The two are also required to report to the Kenya Anti Terrorism Police Unit twice a week.
The magistrate indicated that he would hear the case daily from July 23 if the two suspects fail meet the terms of their bail.
"I have found that the two are not capital offenders and even if they were, the Constitution allows them bail," Biwott said.
"The offences are bailable and I see no reason to deny them bail."
"If you don't manage to get out on bond, I will hear the case and finalise it by July 30," the magistrate said.
The two are accused of possessing 15 kilograms of RDX explosives in circumstances which indicated that they intended to commit grievous harm.
The offence was committed on or before June 20, 2012 at Mombasa Golf Course on the port city's Mama Ngina drive.
Police have intensified security patrols and intelligence gathering following the arrests of the foreigners. Twp days after their arrest however, there was a grenade attack in Mombasa which left three people dead.
Thirty other people were wounded in the attack that occurred at Jericho Beer Garden, a bar in Mshomoroni within Kisauni, some seven kilometers from Mombasa town.
It was not clear who was behind the attack, but since Kenya sent tanks and troops into Somalia late last year, grenade and other attacks have intensified in Nairobi, the Mombasa area and in eastern towns and refugee camps close to the border.
Kenyan authorities often blame such attacks on Somalia's Al Qaeda-affiliated Al Shabaab rebels.
The Mishomoroni attack came just two days after the United States warned its citizens of an imminent threat of such an attack in Mombasa.
The US embassy said all government travel to Mombasa was suspended until July 1. The caution has since been lifted.