Egypt: New Government Lineup to Be Announced, Sworn in Thursday

Photo: Al Jazeera
President Mohamed Mursi.

As countdown has started for announcing the complete government lineup, Presidential Spokesman said the new government will be announced and sworn in on Thursday 2/8/2012.

The Spokesman said President Morsi continued consultations with Prime Minister Designate Dr. Hesham Qandil, adding the presidential team would be announced also on Thursday.

He said there is no delay in forming the new government, as this takes time to find out nationalist cadres who can shoulder responsibility at this critical juncture.

Meantime, Prime Minister designate Dr. Hisham Qandil said 70% of his government's members have been settled on, adding consultations are underway on the remaining 30%.

In press statements at the premises of Investment Authority, he said consultations take time to select the best one from among many candidates.

He said he has not yet settled on the Deputy Premier for Economic Affairs.

The Prime Minister designate urged the media and observers not to pay attention to rumors on the nominees. Qandil who is continuing consultations on the new government lineup, has so far met more than 40 nominees.

The Prime Minister designate had mentioned that meeting a nominee for a ministerial post did not mean that he would take up the post, as selection is subjected to criteria of efficiency, professionalism and willingness to join public service.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2012 Egypt State Information Service. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.