Daily Trust (Abuja)

Nigeria: Concession - FG to Decide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Soon

The Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, said yesterday that the Federal Government would decide soon on the fate of the concessioned Lagos-Ibadan expressway as it bids to ensure work progress on the road.

He told newsmen at the State House, Abuja, after briefing President Goodluck Jonathan on the performance of the ministry's 2012 budget.

He said the government has engaged the concessionaire in re-negotiation with a view to resolving the problems stalling the project.

"A meeting was held on it on Tuesday. We are engaging the concessionaire and very soon, something will be done on it," he said.

The Minister also revealed that the ministry has so far received N44billion under the 2012 budget, which he said has been utilised at 93 percent.

He said about N38billion has been released in the High Ways Department out of which N37 billion was spent on projects and programmes which represents about 96 per cent.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2012 Daily Trust. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.