GOVERNMENT will ensure that the criminals behind the killing of women in Lusaka are brought to book as the National Legal Aid Clinic for Women(NLACW) condemned the brutal murders.
Home Affairs Minister Edgar Lungu said in a statement yesterday that Government was alarmed at the rising spate of violence against women with Lusaka so far recording four deaths in the past one month.
Mr Sakeni said it was saddening to learn that police on Thursday picked up a body of a woman in Lusaka's Ng'ombe Township barely two days after a body of another woman was discovered in Chilenje.
"This is unfortunate and unacceptable. Government will do everything in its power to ensure that perpetrators of this criminality are brought to book," he said.
In a separate statement, NLACW executive director Mandy Manda said in Lusaka that it was unacceptable to have women being brutally murdered in the capital city.
The NLACW described the murders as a national disaster in the country which had always been a haven of peace.
"This one month alone has seen a rise in violent cases against women beginning with the tragic murder of Ruth Mbandu, 19. We wish to condemn in the strongest sense the gruesome and horrific murder of women in Zambia," the statement said.
Lusaka has recently recorded four killings involving middle-aged women, the first being Ruth Mbandu, whose body was found near her house in Emmasdale, and Sharon Tembo, a hair dresser of Matero Township.
Mazuba Kapembwa of Woodlands was found dead in Chilenje Township on Tuesday.