Leadership (Abuja)

31 August 2012

Nigeria: Fire Guts Luth

A section of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, Idi-Araba in Lagos State went up in flame yesterday evening throwing Management and patients on admission into panic.

The fire which LEADERSHIP learnt started around 7.30 pm was said to have been caused by an electrical spark in one of the clinic where those receiving treatment on HIV/AIDS were being treated.

Most of the patients were successfully evacuated by sympathisers and those within the premises when the fire broke out.

An eye witness, Mr. Adelowo Olawale told LEADERSHIP that the fire started around 7.30 pm and that no casualty was recorded.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2012 Leadership. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.