A 63-old-man was yesterday charged with sexually molesting boys at a children's home he runs in Nakuru.
Ian Castleman, an Australian, denied the charges when he appeared before senior principal magistrate Lucy Nyambura. He was accused of taking advantage of his position to seduce the boys at the Ian Castleman Orphanage in Elburgon where is the director.
The opposed his release on bail saying he was arrested at the airport trying to flee the country when he learnt the police were investigating the matter. It is alleged that he committed the offences between 2008 and last year. But through his lawyer, Castleman said he was a law abiding citizen and would not abscond.
He said he had properties in Kenya and he was unlikely to run away because the police were still withholding his passport. The court released him on cash bail of Sh500,000 and a Kenyan surety until November 14 when the case will be heard. The magistrate ordered that his passport be detained by the court until the case is concluded.