SANGANAI/Hlanganani --World Travel and Tourism Africa Fair is an annual Tourism trade fair organised by the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA). It showcases the widest variety of Africa's best tourism products, and attracts international visitors and media from across the world.
The fair is the successor of Shanyai/Vakatshani, the Zimbabwe International Travel Expo (Zite) that was held annually at the Harare International Conference Centre.
Zite started as a small expo in 1982 and grew over the years to become one of Africa's leading tourism showcases by 2007. The past four editions of Sanganai/ Hlanganani were a resounding success and attracted the leading African destinations and major world tourism markets such as South Africa, Botswana, Malaysia, China, Zambia, Malawi, Kenya, Indonesia, Italy and many others.
The editions have seen the whole world converging in Zimbabwe in the form of high calibre international buyers as well as exhibitors, hence achieving its main purpose of bringing the world to Africa, "where the world meets Africa". The 2012 edition will be held in the Capital city, Harare, under the the theme, Celebrating Africa's Tourism Diversity and is expected to ride on the successes gained by the previous editions and is therefore an opportunity not to be missed.
The fair will target among other exhibitors the following:
National Tourism Boards
- International airlines
- Tourism destinations
- Leading tour wholesalers, tour operators and travel agents
- Leading hotel chains of the world
- Car hire and transport operators
- Suppliers of goods and services to the tourism industry
- Government ministries
Dates and times:
- Sanganai/Hlanganani -- World Travel and Tourism Africa Fair will run for four days starting on October 18 and ending on October 21 2012.
- October 18 and 19 are trade days
- October 20 and 21 are trade and public days
- Opening times are:
- 9am - 5pm
The fair will be filled with a lot of business and networking opportunities during exhibition hours and a lively social and cultural programme parallel to the exhibition and after hours, providing more opportunities to network.
The host country
Zimbabwe -- a world of wonders.
Zimbabwe is a plural society where people of different races live in harmony. Zimbabweans living in urban areas have a westernised lifestyle, while in the country areas many African traditions have been preserved.
The host city
Harare -- The Sunshine and Jacaranda City.
The Sunshine and Jacaranda City is the country's capital, commercial and industrial centre. It is a modern but not so sophisticated city, characterised by flowering trees, colourful parks and contemporary architecture. Harare has direct air access from major regional airports.
It is only an hour and a half flight from Johannesburg and an hour from the majestic Victoria Falls. There are a number of airlines flying into Zimbabwe.
Harare as a tourist destination possesses so many wonderful tourist places, wonderful and friendly people leaving a warm welcoming effect on all those travelling to this city. Major highlights are the National Heroes Acre, Mbare Msika, The Balancing Rocks, Lake Chivero and the National Art Gallery.
Harare International Conference Centre.
The Rainbow Towers Harare's Luxury Hotel and Harare International Conference Centre is a complex that was built 25 years ago and it was formerly known as the Sheraton Harare Hotel and International Conference Centre. The complex hotel is now owned by one of Zimbabwe's leading hotel groups, the Rainbow Tourism Group (RTG). Pride of the RTG
Tourism Group, this immaculate five star unit is situated in park like gardens on the edge of Harare's CBD. Rainbow Towers offers excellent facilities including private check-in and express checkout. The hotel comprise of 305 rooms of which 160 are standard rooms. The Conference Centre is the largest and most sophisticated facility in Southern Africa. The Conference Centre is located 17 km from Harare International Airport and one kilometre from the CBD.
The HICC has been the home to the predecessor of Sanganai/Hlanganani -- World Travel and Tourism Africa Fair, the Zimbabwe International Travel Expo.
Benefits of attending Sanganai/Hlanganani
Participants at Sanganai/Hlanganani -- World Travel and Tourism Africa Fair stand to derive the following benefits:
- Meet and network (Sanganai) with exhibitors, visiting buyers, investors and suppliers of services to the tourism sector from all over the world.
- Establish strategic business partnerships with world tourism players
- Showcase your destination, products and services
- Acquire knowledge about different source markets
- Derive value from well structured, themed and informative international tourism conferences and workshops
- Interact with travel media from all corners of the world
- Establish strategic partnerships with other destinations/cities,
- Network across ministerial divides