The National Emegency Management Agency (NEMA), on Sunday in Kaduna said eight persons lost their lives at the St. Rita's Catholic Church suicide bomb attack.
A statement signed by NEMA's Kaduna Zonal Public Relations Officer, Aliyu Muhammed, said that 145 others were injured in the attack.
It said that the corpses of the victims had been deposited at various hospitals in the city.
According to the statement, four of the corpses have been deposited at Barau Dikko Specialists Hospital, three at 44 Military Hospital, while one has been deposited at the Garkuwa Specialist Hospital.
The statement said that 81 injured persons were receiving treatment at Barau Dikko Specialist Hospital, while 35 others were being treated at 44 Military Hospital.
It said that 15 injured persons were also receiving treatment at St. Gerrad's Hospital with five among them were under critical condition.
Meanwhile, the Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Olufemi Adenaike had in a telephone interview with NAN earlier said that only three persons were killed with seven others injured.
Adenaike said that the victims included the lone bomber and two worshippers "a man and a woman".
He said that seven others were receiving medical attention at various facilities within the city, with two under critical condition.