The new police reshuffle aims at improving the security performance that in turn will have a positive impact on the economic development process, said Colonel Hany Abdel-Latif, the Assistant Director of the General Administration of Media and PR at the Interior Ministry.
Abdel-Latif said on Monday 12/11/2012 that the new in-house reshuffle involved the creation of new sectors and administrations at the Interior Ministry.
Interior Minister Ahmed Gamaleddin has endorsed a reshuffle of senior officials that includes a number of his aides, as well as police chiefs and directors of criminal investigation departments.
New aides have been appointed including:
- Major General Hussein Fekri as Assistant Interior Minister for Human Rights
- Major General Khaled Ghoraba as Assistant Interior Minister for the Social Security Sector
- Major General Mohamed el-Attar as Assistant Interior Minister for the Administrative Affairs Department
- Major General Saleh el-Masri as Assistant Interior Minister for the Sinai region
- Major General Mohamed Ibrahim as Assistant Interior Minister for Prisons Affairs
- Major General Marwan Moustafa as Assistant Interior Minister for Legal Affairs
- Major General Ossama Ismail was named director of the Media Department.