Barclays will charge no commission for international money transfers and the funds will be credited to customers' account at the prevailing market rate.
With PINGIT, the UK's first person-to-person service for sending and receiving money using mobile phone numbers is available to the customers of all UK banks and building societies.
Barclays Mobile Banking - Hello Money is a free mobile banking service available to customers in Kenya. Customers can use the service to: -
• Check their account balance and mini-statements
• Load their Mpesa account
• Buy air time
• Transfer funds to accounts within Barclays and to accounts in other banks
• Pay electricity and water bills.
• Order account statements
• Order a cheque book
Barclays PINGIT links the user's current account with their mobile phone number, enabling payments to be sent directly to that account via the Faster Payments Scheme.
• The application is protected by a five-digit passcode, set by the user.
• Senders and recipients will be notified about sent, received, pending and cancelled payments via an SMS from Barclays
• The Barclays PINGIT application works with Android 2.2 and above, iOS 4.2 and above, Blackberry OS 5.0 and above. Users must download and register via the application to be able to send payments.
• Alternative registration via the website at www.barclays.co.uk/PINGIT allows customers to register to receive payments