At least three people are confirmed to have died from Ebola haemorrhagic fever since last month, the health ministry has said.
All the three victims were members of the same family in Kakute sub-county, Sambu Parish, Nyimbwa sub-county.
"A total of three people have since died since the onset of the outbreak in Luweero district," health minister, Dr Christine Odoa said Thursday while addressing journalists at the media centre.
The first case, a boda boda rider died on October 25 after presenting signs of high fever and bleeding from some body parts, although no samples were taken for testing, nor was the case reported to the health centre.
The second case, a 25 year old woman died on Saturday after nursing the boda boda cyclist while the third, also a member of the same family, died on Monday at Nyimbwa Health Centre IV.
At least five people suspected to have come into contact with those infected or the deceased are under isolation. Two of these admitted at Mulago Hospital, one at Bombo Hospital and three in Luweero.
The acting director general of health services, Dr Dennis Lwamafa said health experts were also tracing at least fifteen suspected cases in different parts of the country.
The recent Ebola outbreak comes barely two months after the country was declared Ebola-free.
The health ministry has dispatched a team of experts to assess the situation in Luweero, and plans are underway to create isolation centres at Nyimbywa Health Centre IV and Bombo Hospital.
Dr Miriam Nanyunja, the WHO disease prevention and control advisor said a team of health experts had arrived to boost efforts to contain the epidemic.