19 November 2012

Namibia: Two Murders Reported At Rehoboth

A TOTAL of three murders took place in Windhoek and at Rehoboth this weekend.

On Friday at about 11h00, two friends were walking in Rehoboth’s Block E residential area when they started arguing.

Deputy Commissioner Silvanus Nghishidimbwa yesterday said that the one man pushed the other, who fell and hit his head on a rock. The deceased, Dirk de Wee (49), died on the spot.

The 35-year-old suspect was arrested and will appear in the Rehoboth Magistrate’s Court today on a charge of murder.

Another man (31) died at Rehoboth early yesterday morning when he was stabbed three times in the chest.

The suspect who initially fled the scene was arrested later yesterday and will also appear in the Rehoboth Magistrate’s Court today.

On Saturday, at about 20h30, a man was found lying in a street in Katutura. He was taken to the Katutura State Hospital where he died on arrival.

The police are requesting the public to help identify the deceased.

He has a tattoo on his right shoulder, showing the letters “DOC” and has an earring in his right ear, Nghishidimbwa said.

Also, between three and four of his teeth are missing.

In another incident on Saturday, at about 23h00, two cousins started fighting in the parking lot of the Windhoek Central Hospital.

He said that the one cousin allegedly smashed out the windscreen of the other’s car. Then the car owner bumped the other with the car.

He sustained serious injuries and was admitted to the Katutura State Hospital.It is not clear what they were doing at the hospital’s premises.

Early on Saturday morning at about 01h00, a man associated with Club London in the Southern Industrial Area allegedly shot at two people who were involved in a fight outside the club. The bullet passed right through the one person and struck the other one in the chest.

Both were rushed to private hospitals in town. The suspect was arrested.

Early on Friday morning, a security guard was tied up at a food distributing company in the Northern Industrial Area, as suspects broke into a safe and stole an unspecified amount of money.

No one has been arrested yet.

Nghishidimbwa said the guard was assaulted.

Early yesterday morning, another security was tied up at a building site in Otjomuise. The suspects allegedly stole two generators.

Copyright © 2012 The Namibian. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.