Zifa are set to announce a new technical team next Tuesday following the resignation of head coach Rahman Gumbo. The former Warriors gaffer, whose job has not been insecure since the Angola debacle, announced his resignation to the board on Tuesday to allow "an amicable disengagement" as he felt the conditions were no longer conducive.
Sources yesterday said the association is looking beyond the borders as they seek a fresh start in the wake of the board's drastic decision to disband the national team recently.
According to the sources, the new candidate for the Warriors is expected in the country on Monday after agreeing in principle to engage with Zimbabwe senior football side before the World Cup qualifiers resume next year.
Zifa chief executive, Jonathan Mashingaidze, yesterday said the board had acknowledged the resignation but would not give much detail on the board's resolutions.
Mashingaidze also confirmed the suspension on four officials involved in the Centralgate saga in which former board member Gift Banda was slapped with a three-year ban for taking football issues to court in protest against his suspension.
Three referees Sungano Makwangudze, Martin Shoko and David Ngwenya were also slapped with suspensions for their roles in the Centralagate match fixing scandal.
Mashingaidze said Zifa would issue a communiqué on the outcomes of the meeting today.
"I can confirm that four people have convicted in the Centralgate scandal and we will issue a detailed statement tomorrow (today).
"But, most importantly, the board has accepted Gumbo's resignation. He offered to resign in the best interest of football and you can get more information on that from his manager," said Mashingaidze.
Gumbo's exit also meant his technical department which included assistants David Mandigora, goalkeepers' coach Richard Tswatswa and team manager Nyika Chifamba will fall by the wayside.
The new coach will choose his own assistants but Peter Ndlovu, by virtue of being the national Under-23 team coach, is set to survive the purge.
Zifa have finished looking at the recommendations made by the Independent Ethics Committee and are expected to announce the remaining cases on Monday.
The football mother body has so far announced penalties for those issued with life bans and those with 10-year suspensions.
Zifa yesterday acted on the Centralgate report presented by the Custom Kachambwa-led independent disciplinary committee.
Banda who has since been suspended from the Zifa board after he was fingered in the malpractices and his case is still to be finalised.
The source said yesterday's punishment was for taking football issues to court, something which Fifa have denounced.
The Kachambwa committee ruled that Banda was aware of the rules and regulations and undermined the authority of Zifa by challenging the legality of his suspension at the courts of law.
Referee Makwangudze who pleaded guilty and chose not to attend the hearing was slapped with a five-year ban of which one was set aside and the other one suspended on condition that he paid a US$500 fine.
Shoko was also given five years of which two were suspended. Ngwenya was handed a four-year ban and two were suspended.