The Department of Economic Development and Tourism (DEDAT), under the Enterprise Development (ED) unit has initiated the Provincial Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards as the small, medium and micro enterprise (SMME) support programme that will focus on encouraging a culture of entrepreneurship in the Western Cape. The awards promote entrepreneurial activities through identifying, showcasing and recognising innovative entrepreneurs who have displayed excellence in various areas.
All applicants are required to please carefully read through the following guidelines before proceeding with the completion of the application.
Who can apply?
We kindly invite you to enter your business or nominate a business that you believe deserves to be recognised for a Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Award. All applicants must be older than 18 years.
The Western Cape Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards includes the following categories:
- Emerging business
- Established business
- Social enterprises and
- Export business
- Best innovative student idea.
The overall winner will be judged upon "growth and jobs". There will be three awards per category equating to 15 awarded winners and three special awards for most innovative and green ideas.
Who may enter?
1. Emerging business
Operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or more.
2. Established business
Operating in the Western Cape for five years or more.
Co-operative operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or more.
4. Social enterprises
Social enterprise operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or more.
Embarking on a solution for addressing a social challenge through innovation.
5. Export Business
Businesses operating in the Western Cape for 2 years or more.
Demonstrate the expansion of coverage in existing or new markets.
Demonstrate a continuously positive trend in the export of goods.
All applicants must:
- be a South African, Western Cape citizen with a valid Identity Document.
- be in possession of financial statements/ management accounts/ business bank account.
- have sound financial performance over the last few months.
- employ people and have the potential to employ more people in the long term.
- have strong leadership and management processes in place.
- be involved in community initiatives.
- have a comprehensive marketing strategy in place.
- must be in possession of a valid Tax Clearance.
- must be a registered entity.
- Industry relevance
- Exceptional creativity
- Socio-economic impact
- Growth and Jobs
How to enter?
1. Entry is free and nominees may enter only one category.
2. Fill out the application form.
3. To submit an application form e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to e-mail: 021 483 7630
4. The closing date is 20 December 2012.
5. The document must signed and submitted in PDF format.
6. No late submissions will be accepted.