Team UCI Continental Center teenage rider Melhawi Kudus has retained the Yellow Jersey after the stage six and 614.1km of the 2012 Tour du Rwanda cycling race.
The 18-year old Eritrean finished 15th after clocking 01h22'44" from Musanze to Rubavu (60.5km) behind his team mates Meron Amanuel, who won the stage in 01h22'21" and also goes into today's stage seven (Rubavu-Kigali) wearing the White and Black jersey for the best climber on stage six.
Team South Africa's Lill Daren finished a distant 42nd same time of 01h22'44" but stays in second position on the general classification, 25 seconds behind the race leader Kudus.
Habte Solomon, who won stage five on Wednesday, finished 23rd with 1h22'44 and dropped to 11th position on general classification with 15h58'32".
Bonaventure Uwizeyimana, 19 of Team Akagera was Rwanda's top finisher on stage six on 7th position in a time of 01h22'42". He won the Red Jersey for the best aggressive rider.
But it was another bad day for Rwanda's top rider, Adrien Niyonshuti, who finished 31st hence dropping from 9th to 10th position with two stages remaining.
But he is still wearing the Blue Jersey for being the top Rwandan rider in the competition. He fell 2 minutes and 55 seconds behind Kudus.
Kudus, who is making his first appearance in Tour du Rwanda with his South African based Team UCI, jumped from fourth position on Wednesday to take over the Yellow Jersey from Darren.
Other top performing Rwandans include team Akagera's Hassan Rukundo, who finished 20th in 01h22'44"and moved to 23rd on general classification with 16h05'20".
Hategeka Gasore is 14th on the general classification with a time of 16h00'20" and on number 18 is Nicodem Habiyambere 16h04'23".
Stage six classification
1. M. Amanuel (Team UCI) 01h22'21"
2. G. Dylan (Team UCI) 01h22'21"
3. D. Aron (Team AS.BE) 01h22'21"
4. A. Getachew (Team Eth) 01h22'24"
5. M. Samwel (Team Ken) 01h22'24"'
7. B. Uwizeyimana (Team Akagera) 01h22'42"
20. H. Rukundo (Team Akagera) 01h22'44"
22. N. Byukusenge (Team Akagera) 01h22'44"
26. J. Mbarushimana (Team Akagera) 01h22'44"
39. A. Ruhumuriza (Team Kalisimbi) 01h22'44"
34. J. Biziyaremye (Team Kalisimbi) 01h22'44"
36. E. Rudahunga (Team Akagera) 01h22'44"
38. N. Habiyambere (Team Kalisimbi) 01h22'44"
28. H. Rukundo (Team Akagera) 01h22'44"
38. N. Habiyambere (Team Akagera) 01h22'44"
39. A. Niyonshuti (Team Kalisimbi) 01h22'44"
40. G. Hategeka (Team Akagera) 1h22'44"
46. J. Hadi (Team Kalisimbi) 01h 22'44"
50. JB Nsengiyumva (Team Akagera) 01h22'44"
1. M. Kudus (ERI) 15h55'27"
2. L. Daren (RSA) 15h55'52"
3. W. Shaun (RSA) 15h55'59"
4. A. Alem (ERI) 15h56'59"
5. L. Julien (FRA) 15h57'14"
10. A. Niyonshuti (RWA) 15h58'29"
14. G. Hategeka 16h00'20"
18. N. Habiyambere 16h04'23"
19. E. Rudahunga 16h04'30"
21. N. Byukusenge16h04'41"
22. A. Ruhumuriza16h 04'58"
23. H. Rukundo 16h05'20"
27. J. Biziyaremye 16h09'12"
30. JB. Nsengiyumva 16h19'21"
40. B. Uwizeyimana 16h22'17"
41. J. Hadi 16h29'20"
50. J. Mbarushimana 17h33'36"
1. UCI Continental Center
2. Team Kenya
3. Team Rwanda Akagera
4. Team Rwanda Kalisimbi
5. Team Reine Blanche
6. Team Quebecor Garneau
7. Team Type 1 - SANOFI
8. Team Algeria