Team South Africa rider Lill Daren yesterday won the 2012 Tour du Rwanda after clocking 22h43'41" over the 894.8km cycling race that spanned eight stages.
Adrien Niyonshuti finished a respectable ninth.
The 30-year-old South African finished in 8th position on the final stage 8 from Kigali-Rwamagana-Kigali (124.3km), using 02h34'10". His also claimed the top spot for the tour.
Darren, who in total won three stages, goes home not only with the coveted Yellow Jersey but also the Black and Yellow Jersey for the best African rider, on top of US$2520 (about Rwf 1.7m) in prize money.
Canadian, Team Quebecor Garneau Langrois Bruno wear the Red and Yellow Jersey after winning stage 8 after clocking 02h30'27", Italian, Cravanzola Paolo of Team Type 1 Sanofi came second in 02h31'59".
Team Quebecor Garneau Langrois Bruno (in-front) won the final stage 8, Kigali-Rwamagana-kigali on Sunday. The New Times / T. Kisambira.
Eritrea's 18-year-old Melhawi Kudus, who rides for South African based Team UCI Continental Center, won the best aggressive rider (Yellow and Black Jersey) but finished the tour in sixth place with a time of 22h49'58".
Another Eritrean, Atbate Solomon finished in10th position over all but took home two individual awards, the Black and Red Jersey for the best climber as well as the Green and White Jersey for the tour's top rider.
Rwanda's top rider, Adrien Niyonshuti finished 7th on the final stage and kept his 9th position on the general classification after 894.8km of the 2012 Tour du Rwanda cycling race.
The MTN Qubeka rider won the Blue Jersey for being the top Rwandan rider in the competition. He used 22h54'14" to finish 10 minutes and 33 seconds behind tour winner Daren.
Team Ethiopia's Atsbha Getachew came in second place, another Team South Africa rider, Girdlestone Dylan was third, while the Kenyan John Njoroge Muya finished fourth.
Team Kalisimbi veteran rider Abraham Ruhumuriza finished stage eight in 10th position in a time of 02h34'26" and 15th on general classification.
1. Team South Africa
2. Team Ethiopia
3. AS.BE.CO. Cycling Team
4. Team Kenya
5. Team Rwanda Karisimbi
6. Team Rwanda Akagera
7. UCI Continental Center
8. Team Quebecor Garneau'
9. Team Reine Blanch
10. Team Type 1 - Sanofi
11. Team Algeria
Stage eight classification
1. L. Bruno (Team Quebecor Garneau) 02h30'27"
2. C. Paolo (Team Type 1) 02h311'59"
3. B. Reda (Team Alg) 02h33'50"
4. M. Kudus (Team UCI) 02h34'00"
5. J. Njoroge Muya (Team Ken) 02h34'00"
7. A. Niyonshuti (Team Kalisimbi) 02h34'01"
11. A. Ruhumuriza (Team Kalisimbi) 02h34'26"
13. J. Hadi (Team Kalisimbi) 02h34'38"
16. E. Rudahunga (Team Kalisimbi) 02h34'38"
22. J. Biziyaremye (Team Kalisimbi) 02h34'48"
24. N. Byukusenge (Team Kalisimbi) 2h34'48"
25. H. Gasore (Team Akagera) 2h34'51"
26. H. Rukundo (Team Akagera) 02h34'51'
28. B. Uwizeyimana (Team Akagera) 02h34'57"
31. N. Habiyambere (Team Akagera) 02h35'10"
34. JB. Nsengiyumva (Team Akagera) 02h35'18"
46. J. Mbarushimana (Team Akagera) 02h39'13"
1. L. Daren (RSA) 22h43'41"
2. A. Getachew (ETH) 22h45'28"
3. G. Dylan (RSA) 22h45'40"
4. J. Muya Joroge (KEN) 22h45'48"
5. D. Aron (RSA) 22h46'40"
6. M. Kudus (ERI) 22h49'58"
9. A. Niyonshuti (RWA) 22h54'14"
13. H. Gasore 22h59'11"
16. A. Ruhumuriza23h00'35"
16. E. Rudahunga 23h00'37"
17. N. Byukusenge23h02'10"
18. H. Rukundo 23h02'14"
20. J. Biziyaremye 23h05'52"
30. N. Habiyambere 23h21'44"
31. J. Hadi 23h30'51"
32. JB. Nsengiyumva 23h32'36"
35. B. Uwizeyimana 23h40'27"
52. J. Mbarushimana 25h04'53"