WHEN the new Mr Gay Namibia is chosen on Friday, the current crown holder, Wendelinus Hamutenya, will not be there to hand over the title.
The organisers of the Mr Gay Namibia competition this weekend announced that Wendelinus Hamutenya, the current Mr Gay Namibia, had been suspended.
Chris de Villiers, one of the organisers, said: “It has come to the attention of the Mr Gay Namibia organisation that Mr Wendelinus Hamutenya , the former title holder of the Mr Gay Namibia 2011 title, is accused of unbecoming conduct. Due to the gravity of the accusations against him the Mr Gay Namibia organisation had no alternative but to suspend him with immediate effect on November 24 2012, pending the outcome of the investigation.”
It is understood that Hamutenya has a domestic violence case pending against him in Johannesburg, South Africa.
As a result of his suspension, Hamutenya has “no representative capacity and may not provide any interviews, nor any media statements with regard to, or on behalf, of Mr Gay Namibia”.
De Villiers said last year’s runner-up, Herman Feddersen, will represent the Mr Gay Namibia organisation at this year’s event and hand over the title to the winner.
Upon enquiry about his suspension, Hamutenya yesterday said: “I’m not sure about that. I just heard rumours.”
He accused the organisers of wanting to sabotage his projects. “I’m very disappointed in them.”
Asked about the allegations of domestic violence, he said: “There was something like that, but it was later withdrawn.”
Should the suspension not be lifted, he will withdraw as Mr Gay Namibia 2011, he said.

Comments Post a comment