Police have forwarded 19 persons to court after being charged with multiple offenses for allegedly burning an UNMIL ambulance on Schieflin- Roberts Field Highway last week.
They were forwarded Monday to the Circuit Court in Margibi
before being remanded in prison pending trial.
Their charges range from arson to criminal mischief and theft of property.
Acting police spokesman Lewis Norman said the 19 suspects were allegedly involved in burning an UNMIL ambulance that was involved in an accident with a motorcycle along the Schieflin- Roberts Field Highway this month, killing two persons.
He said the suspects looted and set the UNMIL vehicle marked 9011 ablaze and damaged the police mobile 47 that later responded to the scene.
Mr. Norman revealed that one black elide dry cell battery that was looted from the UNMIL ambulance was retrieved from a taxi marked TX-577 belonging to a man identified as Solomon.
The suspects are Obediah Garway, Frank Walker, Kogba Bropleh, Anthony Harris, P. Mark Roberts, Richard Smith, Sam Smith, Morris Boyu and Junior Jacob.
Others are Francis William, Tonny Walker, Alphonso Morris, Jason Dahnkon
Beyan Richards, Freeman Dorgbor , Jerry Sumo, Eric Babor, Enoch Green and Edward Willie.
Meanwhile, UNMIL has expressed deep regrets over the loss of life resulting from the accident, which occurred on 22 November at 18:00h in Schieflin Town on the Roberts Field highway, when a UN military ambulance collided with a motorcycle.
The driver and passenger of the motorcycle were rushed to nearby Duside Firestone hospital, where they were pronounced dead at 20:00h.
The United Nations extends its deepest sympathy to the families of the deceased and to the communities' mourning their loss.
Comments Post a comment