The Board of Directors of the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company (NSPMC) has summoned the Managing Director Ehi Okoyomon, who was on Monday sent on compulsory leave, to appear before it on December 6, 2012.
On that date, Okoyomon will be expected to answer questions about his stewardship and allegations of misappropriation even as a team of auditors scrutinise company records.
NSPMC sources confirmed to LEADERSHIP that the embattled executive was, indeed, sent on compulsory leave in a letter signed by the company secretary, Mrs Abis Adieyan.
Meanwhile, spokesman for the Central Bank of Nigeria, owners of NSPMC, Ugochukwu Okoroafor has confirmed that Okoyomon was on leave, but when asked whether the leave was by compulsion or on official basis, Okoroafor refused to comment.
The CBN spokesman said, "He is on leave. He is meeting with the board on December 9, 2012. They have their own board even though our governor is the chairman. It will not be until he meets with the board that I can give definite answers."
Okoroafor, however, said that there was a limit to what he could say about events at the minting company because it was not his brief to speak for them.
In another development, the NSPMC dismissed reports of alleged financial misappropriation leveled against its Managing Director Mr. Okoyomon, who is currently on leave.
"There was no misappropriation of funds and newly printed bank notes by the Managing Director who is on official leave, not forced leave," the media adviser to the company, Mr. Obi Adiele told LEADERSHIP in Abuja, yesterday.
Confirming to LEADERSHIP that Okoyomon was on leave, he stated that investigations into the theft of currency by a security guard had been completed and was before the board which would take the appropriate action in due course.
Comments Post a comment