The Gamtel Regional Manager Mr. Dawda Jallow whose residence is located above the Gamtel Office in Basse, URR, had on Tuesday been affected by a serious fire outbreak that destroyed the entire resident.
The accident which occurred at about 4-5pm on Tuesday destroyed everything in the family home of Mr. Jallow.
Speaking to this reporter shortly after the Fire and Ambulance Services and the general public put off the fire, Jallow described the accident as unfortunate for him and his family. He said he does not know the cause of the fire because he went outside and his wife also went to work while the kids went to attend a koranic school.
Mr. Jallow pointed out that he lost all household materials worth over 12-15000 dalasis, but said he thanked God that the fire did not penetrate the down stairs where they have all their office equipment. He said he is grateful to the Fire and Ambulance Services for their quick response.
The Governor of URR, Mr. Omar Khan visited the scene shortly after the fire was put off who also expressed shock over the incident. He also thanked the general public for their intervention and urged everyone to come to the aid of the Gamtel regional Manager.
The Regional fire officer, D.O. Jammeh also expressed his shock over the incident and commended the public for complementing their efforts in putting off the fire. He however expressed his concern over the lack of access to the building. He said this is the second time they are experiencing such a situation.
During the process of putting out the flame, a fire officer and one Gamtel staff were injured and were rushed to the Basse Health Center for medical attention.