One person admitted to the Kenyatta National Hospital following Wednesday night's explosion in Eastleigh has died.
According to the hospital's communications manager Simon Ithai, six others out of the eight who were admitted to the hospital were treated and discharged.
Ithai told Capital FM News that one other victim is still admitted to the hospital's Intensive Care Unit.
Meanwhile, Nairobi police chief Moses Nyakwama confirmed that the blast was caused by an Improvised Explosive Device although no suspect has been arrested.
"The explosion was caused by a roadside bomb which had been placed in a hole in the ground by the roadside. No arrest has been made so far but we have confirmed it was an improvised bomb," he added.
The blast, which occurred on Wednesday at around 7:30pm while the streets crowded as people returned home from work, happened in Joska area near a supermarket.
The latest incident comes less than a month after 10 people were killed and more than 30 others wounded when an explosive went off aboard a minibus in the same estate.
At the time, police said that it was likely that the improvised explosive device was planted in the vehicle and was detonated from a safe distance.
Police have so far charged 15 suspects over the bus explosion in November, while the hunt for the prime suspect is still on, according to Nyakwama.
The Nairobi police chief says they are working hard to determine the reasons behind three successive attacks in the area.
Kenya has suffered a string of attacks often blamed on Al-Qaeda-linked Shabaab militants since it sent its troops, now integrated into an African Union force, into Somalia.
In a separate incident, police shot dead three suspected gangsters in Nairobi's Githurai area on Thursday.
Nyakwama said that they had recovered two pistols with several rounds of ammunition.
He said that three were cornered after they defied orders to stop and instead opened fire at police who were trailing them.