Cameroon: Kids Perish in Fire Incident
By Christopher Jator, 12 December 2012
The midnight fire incident left the bodies of four-year-old Ornella Rachelle Noumssi Tchoumamo, and six-year-old Ange Merveille Teyeda dead. Their mother who tried in vain to save them from the ravaging flames sustained second degree burns. The entire building constructed in wood was completely consumed despite frantic efforts by the Fire Fighting Brigade to circumscribe the flames.
Cameroon Tribune learnt that the fire incident was caused by a candle lit by their mother and left in their bedroom without control as they were fast asleep after power outage. The two bodies were taken and deposited at the mortuary of the New Bell District Hospital meanwhile their mother with her second degree burns was taken to a private clinic opposite the hospital. The Littoral Regional Department of the Judicial Police in Bonanjo has opened an investigation into the matter.
Copyright © 2012 Cameroon Tribune. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).
To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.
Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.