VETERINARIANS on Monday poisoned a rabid dog after it bit eight people in Amagoro. The 10-year-old dog died was given a dose of snail bite and died after 30 minutes.
The dog owner, a nurse at Kocholia District Hospital consented to the poisoning of her dog. Among those the dog had bitten were Amagoro Heath Centre proprietor John Epus and businessman Fredrick Ekirapa. Ekirapa was bitten last week on Tuesday on his left leg.
Ekirapa said when he arrived around 8pmi in his Amagoro residence last Tuesday; the dog which was loitering in his compound suddenly bit him.
The left leg has swollen making him immobile. He paid Sh1, 700 to undergo an anti-rabies injection, adding that he will pay over sh10, 000.
Neighbours with children had to seek asylum to further places to escape the dog's wrath. They trooped back when it was killed. Residents have complained of the presence of many stray dogs in Amagoro and have appealed to the owners to tie them or the vet took similar action of eliminating them.