The Herald (Harare)

17 December 2012

Zimbabwe: Steady Growth for MBA Association

The Zimbabwe Master of Business Administration Association says it has experienced steady growth in its membership since its formation last year. The organisation said the latest disaggregated statistics

generated by Business Networking site Linkedin show that the business association boasts 217 professional members.

ZIMMBAA executive board secretary-general Mr Antony Jongwe said the association aspires to play a key role in national economic development, especially under the indigenisation and economic empowerment programme which provides for broad-based participation in the economy through community share trust ownership schemes, employee share ownership and management buy-outs.

"Almost 55 percent of our members are in Zimbabwe with the remaining 45 percent in the Diaspora, namely South Africa especially in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, Botswana, the United Kingdom and USA," he said.

He said that 22 percent of their members hold senior positions in various organisations while 20 percent hold managerial positions. Those at entry-level positions represent 16 percent of the members and 6 percent hold director-level positions.

Mr Jongwe also noted that 11 percent own their own businesses while a further 6 percent are at chief operating or executive officer level.

"The distribution according to functional responsibility shows that 10 percent of our membership is in finance, 7 percent are entrepreneurs while 6 percent each are in programme and project management, consulting and operations respectively. The remaining 5 percent are in education," he added.

Mr Jongwe also said that the data on industry shows that the majority of the association's members are in the banking and information technology and services and other notable industries are management consulting representing 6 percent.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2012 The Herald. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.