Brasília — The Angolan ambassador to Brazil, Nelson Cosme, said that one of the priorities of his mission in Brazil for 2013 is to divulge the country in that South American country and other countries under his jurisdiction.
Nelson Cosme said so Friday in Brasilia at the meeting with diplomats and staff of the Angolan embassy in Brazil, aimed at assessing the activities held in 2012.
"We should not rest on our achievements" - said the ambassador, noting that new challenges still lie in 2013.
The Consul Generals of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro as well as the representatives of the Angolan institutions based in Brazil attended the meeting.
Nelson Cosme noted that in 2012 the Embassy got organised itself to redoubled the efforts for following up the missions.
The Angolan diplomat also spoke of the action in Rio de Janeiro during Rio+20 Conference.
According to him, logistic conditions had been created to welcome the 120-member multi-sectorial delegation from Angola led by the then vice-President of Republic Fernando da Piedade Dias dos Santos.
Emphasis also went on the high level meeting that gathered the ministers of Foreign Affairs of Angola and Brazil, Georges Chikoty and António Patriota, respectivelly.
Still in political field, the ambassador Cosme highlighted the commitment of the Embassy to the preparation of the next ministerial meeting of Zone of Peace and South Atlantic Cooperation, set for 15 and 16 January 2013 in Uruguay.