The Star (Nairobi)

Kenya: Embu House Razed in Morning Gas Explosion

A family in Embu was yesterday morning rendered homeless after a gas cylinder exploded in Kibuga village. Michael Kevuti said he placed water on the cooker and went out to a nearby shop to buy milk when he had a loud bang.

Kevuti said he could not salvage anything from the five-bedroom house as it was engulfed in fire in less than 20 minutes. He was alone in the house as his family has travelled to visit his relatives. Area chief Mary Muthoni said residents responded promptly to Kevuti's screams but could not put out the fire.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2012 The Star. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.