The Star (Nairobi)

Kenya: Wako Changes Format of His Tournament

THE second round of the Amos Wako tournament in Busia County started on Saturday with the sponsor of the tournament announcing he had changed the format to give teams more time of exposing their talent.

The former Attorney General, Amos Wako who is in the race to becoming the first Senator of Busia County said the remaining 56 teams would have engaged in the knock out phase to determine the quarter finalists but now he wants them to play nother mini-league.

"Considering the importance I am putting in revamping the standard of sports in the County, I want the remaining teams in each of their respective zones to play another mini-league. Each of the 182 teams which started the battle for supremacy in November last year with a set of uniforms and two balls have displayed high discipline and standards to confirm organisers are doing a commendable job," Wako said.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2013 The Star. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.