DYNAMOS board of directors, stung by the sudden resignation of club secretary-general Raymond Kazembe, have convened an urgent meting in the capital on Saturday to try and chart a way forward for the Premiership champions.
Kazembe threw in the towel on December 21 in a letter to the Dynamos founding fathers who operate as the board of directors of Dynamos (Private) Limited.
The letter was also copied to club chairman Kenny Mubaiwa.
New board of directors secretary Chris Kasiyazi yesterday said their leadership had received the news of Kazembe's resignation with "shock" and needed to act fast to fill the void so as not to endanger their pre-season preparations and the Dynamos Golden Jubilee celebrations planned for this year.
Kazembe, who operates a vibrant electronic security systems firm, delivered his resignation last Thursday citing mounting pressure of work at his business among his reasons to step down.
However, the club's founding fathers, who are responsible for appointing members of the club executive are still hoping to engage the youthful businessman with a view to try and persuade him to have a change of heart before making a decision to hunt for a new secretary-general.
Kasiyazi said the club acknowledged Kazembe's work ethic and his professional approach to business, which has been credited for the stability the Glamour Boys are currently enjoying.
"Firstly we would like to thank Mr Kazembe for everything he did. I am sure everyone among the stakeholders acknowledges that he was doing a wonderful job.
"His resignation came as a shock to us because we never expected it, but we have to move on. We are going to sit down as a board on Saturday and hopefully, if he doesn't return, we will be making an announcement about his replacement in a couple of days to come," said Kasiyazi.
Kazembe became the second member of the DeMbare executive committee to quit the club following the departure of treasurer Moses Chikwariro in October last year. The Harare giants Boys have since tasked executive vice-chairman Webster Chikengezha to take over the duties as they prepare to defend their Castle Lager Premiership crown and the Mbada Diamonds Cup.
DeMbare are also set to play in the Champions League where they are the country's sole representatives in the continental inter-club competitions this year.
Kasiyazi said Kazembe's resignation came when they least expected it and quickly pointed out that his departure was not a sign that the Glamour Boys' house is on fire.
"It's not like there is a crisis or problems within Dynamos. Just like with the treasurer (Moses Chikwariro), Kazembe said he felt pressure because he has other commitments and needed time away.
"We understand his position and the most important thing, though, is that he is still part of the Dynamos family and we respect his decision. If he decides to come back in the future, the doors are open," said Kasiyazi.
DeMbare will be celebrating their Golden Jubilee sometime this year and Kasiyazi said they are still aiming to execute the commemorations in style.
He said the club is hoping to match the 50th anniversary with good performances on the pitch.
Despite dominating the domestic scene in the last two years, Dynamos have found the going tough in Africa as they have not been able to make the group stages of the Champions League.
Last year, DeMbare had a chance to make up for their Champions League failure by playing in the second tier Confederation Cup but they still found the going tough, bowing out to Angolan police outfit InterClube in a play-off.
"We are celebrating our Golden Jubilee this year and we want to promise all stakeholders that we are coming into the year strongly.
"Our aim is to go further in the Champions League. We have reached the final before and we would want to succeed again because this is a special year for us."
Kasiyazi also said the club was concerned with the perennial problem of losing key players at the end of each season. DeMbare are currently battling to keep a number of their players who are wanted by South African teams.
Midfield star Denver Mukamba has already indicated that he might be moving to Absa Premiership side Bidvest Wits anytime soon while other players like Tawanda Muparati, Roderick Mutuma, Partson Jaure and Farai Mupasiri are being tracked by teams in the Supa Diski. What we want is stability on and off the pitch and our stakeholders should play their part if they feel we are doing things wrong.
"We have often received criticism for giving players short term contracts but that is now a thing of the past. It doesn't augur well for the team to have a player for one season and then he wants to go and we start again to assemble a strong side every year.