Former Dynamos secretary-general Raymond Kazembe made his exit from Dynamos with a heavy heart after it emerged yesterday that the former executive felt betrayed by his colleagues and has had to deal with a great deal of frustration during his one year tenure in office.
Kazembe tendered his resignation to the board last week in a move that seems to have shaken the Dynamos board of directors in particular.
However, the former DeMbare secretary-general yesterday said he was not comfortable discussing football matters insisting that he had given his reasons in the letter he submitted to the club.
But sources said issues to do with governance and difference in policy may have driven the youthful Harare businessman out.
The club's board of directors are now expected to meet tomorrow to map the way forward.
According to the sources, Kazembe had to deal with a great deal of frustration while he was in the structures.
The sources said, whilst he found a lot of joy as a DeMbare supporter, it was different in administration where he was upset by issues related to the politics of the club.
It is alleged that Kazembe was also not happy with the way the money issues were handled.
"He felt there was no transparency for example the way proceeds from the Mbada Diamonds Cup were handled. It appears he was not consulted when the US$100 000 Mbada Diamonds money was partitioned leaving no cent in the account for the club's projects.
"Kazembe felt that part of the money should have been used to prepare for the new season and bringing in new players. All the money was used up with some going to the players' bonuses and servicing debts but without regard for tomorrow.
"After blowing the money, DeMbare went to their sponsors BancABC requesting US$40 000 for signing on fees. Although the bank agreed to release the funds, Kazembe as the key man who has been the link between the club and the sponsors felt compromised," said the sources.
The former secretary general's heart was also torn between the Glamour Boys and his fledging business which was crying for his attention.
Kazembe's business had borne the brunt of his involvement in football matters in the last 12 months as it consumed much of his time.
The sources said for the first time in 10 years, his company recorded losses and when they did their evaluation he felt that he as the leader of the ship did not given the kind of guidance he should have as he spent most of his time engrossed in football issues.
"His business was crying for his attention and when he announced his decision to quit Dynamos at the company's end of year party, the news drew loud cheers from the workers because everyone felt that he was now coming back to commit himself fully," said the source.
Executive vice-chairman Webster Chikengezha has since inherited the key duties, which include signing players for the new season.
Chikengezha yesterday said the Glamour Boys are working flat out to complete outstanding contractual issues with the players they have registered for this year's Champions League. DeMbare are expected to start their preparations on Monday but they are still to tie down some of their old players and prospective buys.
The club's preparations suffered a setback when Kazembe -- who was tasked to lead a three-man committee responsible for negotiating with the players, resigned.
Kazembe handed his resignation to the club's bosses citing mounting pressure of work. Chikengezha is now spearheading the cause and negotiations with players are expected to resume next week.
However Chikengezha insists they had agreed personal terms before registering the players with Caf.
"We are just left with one or two individuals whom we are still negotiating with, but I can confirm that out of the 25 players that we registered at Caf have agreed personal terms.
"Most of the players are now in place and we should be starting training on Monday," said Chikengezha.