Property worthy millions of shillings was saved yesterday morning after a fire broke out at the X-Ray room at the Trans Mara District Hospital.
The hospital's boss Samuel Misoi said the fire started at 10am.Misoi said the fire was put out by hospital staff and security officers who arrived at the scene promptly.
"I would like to thank the hospital staff, security officers and wananchi, who took time to fight and putting off the raging inferno," said Misoi.
Trans Mara police boss Johnston Ipara said the fire could have been started by an electrical fault. He said one machine was destroyed Ipara said the lack of a fire fighting engine in Kilgoris town does not augur well.
"I would like to appeal to the Trans Mara County Council to buy a fire engine," said Ipara.He said it will be unfortunate if one of these days, the town is hit by a big fire, but with no fire fighting equipment to put off the fire.