Leadership (Abuja)

Nigeria: Stock Market - Domestic Investors Increase Stakes to 41 Percent

Local investors on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange have increased the stake to 41 per cent leaving the remaining 59 per cent in the hands of foreign investors.

The latest report monitored by LEADERSHIP showed that the domestic investors previously held 30 per cent of investment in the stock market but between January and December 2012, it was increased to 41 per cent, a development which has been described by market watchers as a good omen for the growth of the market.

The President of the Association of Stockbroking Houses of Nigeria (ASHON), Mr Emeka Madubuike, attributed the development to various steps taken by managers of the nation's Stock Exchange and other stakeholders to boost investment in the market.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2013 Leadership. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.