11 January 2013

Angola: Causes of Chlorine Bottles Leaking Disclosed

Luanda — The bad handling of the chlorine bottles is the origin of the leaking of a toxic gas, that caused the intoxication of various people in Mulenvos zone, Luanda's Viana Municipality, Angop has learnt.

This was disclosed by the head of the department of residues with the Ministry of Environment, Joana Bernardo, adding that after a work done by a multisectorial team, it was noticed that the bad handling of the bottles was the cause of the intoxication.

He explained that probably with the incidence of the sun and the bad handling may be provoked some reactions of the bottles, having caused, in a small touch among bottles

the leaking of the product that was yet within it.

The source said that a firm stored bottles supposedly empty chlorine bottles that by being in touch with the atmosphere transformed into steam putting at risk people's lives in the zone.

Copyright © 2013 Angola Press Agency. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.