An early-morning fire on Saturday razed part of Isango Star FM station, causing serious interruption in the station's programmes.
According to Police and staff of the radio station who confirmed the incident, the fire outbreak resulted in the destruction of studio equipment.
Police said the fire began from the adjacent building and spread to the studios.
"All our equipments has been affected, both studios and the production room were burnt. We took out some equipment but they are also affected, there are those which we couldn't get out," said Justin Mugabo, the proprietor of the station.
Speaking to Sunday Times, Kigali Police spokesman, Albert Gatare, said the incident was caused by poor electrical installation.
"The incident happened early in the morning at around 6 a.m. It was caused by poor electrica installation of the building,"
No deaths or injuries were reported from the incident.
"The police fire department intervened but the whole studio and other equipment were burnt, we are awaiting conclusions of the investigations".
Isango star has over 30 staff, according to the owner.