12 January 2013

Egypt: Prime Minister Issues Decree Establishing Higher Committee for Legislation

Prime Minister Dr. Hisham Qandil issued a decree establishing the Higher Committee for Legislation Affairs and defining its jurisdiction.

The committee will be led by the Justice Minister with head of legislative committee at Shura Council and representatives from the presidency, Cabinet, upper house of parliament, lower house of parliament, National Council for Human Rights, Al-Azhar and the Egyptian Church as members along with a host of public figures.

The committee is concerned with preparing and studying draft laws, presidential decrees and the decisions of prime minister.

It will also form sub-committees to prepare and amend the legislations in economic, administrative, litigation and educational domains.

In a related context, Qandil said that the government is currently preparing a package of legislations to attract foreign investments through providing incentives for investors.

Qandil stressed the government's commitment with an economic reform plan through a national program thus addressing the economic challenges the community is facing after January 25 revolution.

Copyright © 2013 Egypt State Information Service. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.