Luanda — The Ministry of Environment, through its National Environmental Control Service, ordered the shut-down of the company Angola-Reciclek, after it was found responsible for a toxic gas leak that caused the fainting of many in Mulenvos, municipality of Viana, Luanda.
In addition to the shut-down order, Angola-Reciclek has been fined a high amount, said the assistant inspector of the National Environmental Control Services, Kayasso Cunha.
Speaking to Angop, the official said that despite the Ministry's decision, the company is cooperating satisfactorily in assisting the families of those affected by the gas leak of last week in Mulenvos area.
According to Kayasso Cunha, members of the civil society, national police, municipal authorities and Environment Ministry officials are working together to find a site to relocate hundreds of cylinders stored in the company.
Meanwhile, Kayosso Cunha denied reports by certain media organs that the leak caused deaths.
The leak of the toxic gas identified as chlorine caused the fainting of more than one hundred people, among men, women and children who complained of throat irritation and body pains.