The Managing Director of CTCOM Liberia, INC, Mr. Christopher H.Onanuga has expressed dissatisfaction of people accusing him of approaching some contestants of Miss Liberia who participated in the Beauty Pageant. "I did not approach any contestant of Miss Liberia who contested for the Beauty Pageant in 2012. Under no condition would I have involved in such act," Mr. Onanuga explained.
Speaking to Journalists last week Saturday, January 12, 2013, Onanuga said the publication made on October 18, 2012, committee members and officials of the Ministry of Information had denied its authorship and how it went to the press.
He said since the Miss Liberia Beauty Pageant results were announced in 2012, the Ministry of Information did not hold any meeting with the committee for briefing.
According to him, their lawyers wrote two separate official communications on October 18, 2012 to the Ministry of Information and there was no response. He said it is very disheartening that some people accused the committee of misusing the taxpayers' money.
Onanuga stated further that the psychological preclusion calculated and meted out them by unsubstantiated corroborations by some members of the committee, is not true for any future participation. He said the process of Miss Liberia is not an easy task, because one has to make sure that everything is put at the right time.
"I'm surprised at some individuals telling me that I approached some contestants who took part in the 2012 Beauty Pageant of Miss Liberia. My job is to make sure that contestants meet up with the requirements and contest for the pageant and judges decide for the winners," Onanuga lamented and clarified.
"Others have accused me of leaving the country and government should not give my Passover, but I say no, because I will be here until everything is over," He stated firmly.