Several community dwellers in the vicinity of the Gardnersville LPRC have constantly complained of the burning of garbage which poses serious health hazard for them. In an interview with some affected citizens of residents that are at risk, Ma Esther Tarpeh of Supermarket Community said that they are going through some serious problems that are causing untimely death in the country.
Ma Esther also pointed out that she believes every citizen within her community are down with some sickness from inhaling the smoke from the burning dirt and is therefore calling on the Liberian Government to take swift measures to avert this precarious situation.
She further said that they are also calling for the intervention of the Monrovia City Corporation (MCC) to react fast to redeem the inhabitants in that area.
She added that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) should conduct a workshop to educate some citizens who do not have the idea on how dangerous it is to indiscriminately burn dirt in communities.
Ma Esther said that the smoke inhaled from the burning garbage is causing serious respiratory problem, therefore the situation must be contained expeditiously.