1. The Organ Troika Summit of the Heads of State and Government of Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) plus Mozambique, Chair of SADC was held in Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania from 10 - 11 January 2013.
2. Summit was attended by the following Heads of State and Government:
Mozambique H.E. President Armando Emilio Guebuza
Namibia H.E President Hifikepunye Pohamba
United Republic of Tanzania H.E. President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete
South Africa H.E. President Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma
3. Summit was chaired by H.E. Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, President of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Chairperson of the Organ on Politics, Defence and Security Cooperation.
4. Summit was also attended by the Executive Secretary of SADC, Dr. Tomaz Augusto Salomão.
5. Summit considered the political and security situation in the region, in particular the latest developments in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Republic of Madagascar and the Republic of Zimbabwe.
6. On Democratic Republic of Congo
6.1 Summit received a progress report on the deployment of the Neutral International Force (NIF) in the eastern DRC and welcomed the developments.
6.2 Summit welcomed the pledges made by Republic of Malawi, Republic of Namibia, Republic of South Africa and the United Republic of Tanzania to contribute to the deployment of NIF and urged those who have not yet done so, to do so as a matter of urgency.
6.3 Summit welcomed the UN support for the deployment of the NIF through the proposed UN Framework Concept for an Intervention Brigade in the eastern DRC and expressed its readiness to work with UN.
6.4 Summit noted with appreciation the good collaboration between SADC and the ICGLR on the developments in the Eastern DRC.
6.5 Summit reiterate its call for an urgent attention to the grave humanitarian situation in the Eastern DRC.
7. On Madagascar
7.1 Summit commended:
(i) H.E. Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, President of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Chairperson of the Organ on Politics, Defence and Security Cooperation for his efforts of finding a lasting solution to the Madagascar constitutional challenges.
(ii) H.E. Joaquim Chissano, former President of the Republic of Mozambique and the SADC Mediator in Madagascar for his efforts towards restoring the constitutional normalcy in the country;
7.2 Summit received a briefing from H.E. Andry Rajoelina, the President of the Transition in Madagascar, and welcomed the developments in that country, in particular on the commitment to ensure that the Roadmap is implemented to the letter and spirit in order to take the country out of the crisis.
7.3 Summit re-emphasized that the Roadmap remains the only viable mechanism for ending the crisis in Madagascar.
7.3 Summit will continue to be seized with the developments in Madagascar.
8. On Zimbabwe
8.1. Summit commended H.E. Jacob Zuma, President of the Republic of South Africa and the SADC Facilitator on Zimbabwe Political Dialogue for his efforts towards full implementation of GPA in Zimbabwe.
8.2 Summit urged the political stakeholders in Zimbabwe to expedite the finalization of the constitutional making process on the outstanding issues in order to pave the way for peaceful, credible, free, and fair elections in the country.
8.3 Summit mandated the SADC Facilitator to continue to engage the political stakeholders in Zimbabwe.
9. Summit expressed gratitude to the government and the people of the United Republic of Tanzania for the warm hospitality provided during the meeting.
Done in Dar es Salaam,
United Republic of Tanzania
11 January, 2013