All with no exception attending the Africa Cup of Nations 2013 in South Africa are assured of a safe and enjoyable stay and experience.
The South African Police Service (SAPS) and South Afican National Defence Force (SANDF) have assured visiting Afcon fans that they will be protected from the moment they arrive at the country's ports of entry.
Addressing the media in Pretoria on Thursday, the SAPS's Lieutenant-General Elias Mawela said that all Afcon security operations would be coordinated through a national joint operational and intelligence structure (Natjoints).
Natjoints started operating on 10 January and will continue with its operations until 19 February. Natjoints structures will be duplicated in other host provinces.
"The mandate is to plan, implement, execute and monitor all inter-departmental and cross-provincial operations affecting safety, security and stability in the Republic of South Africa," Mawela said.
He added that much had been done to ensure that soccer fans enjoyed the tournament.
National Police Commissioner Ria Phiyage expressed confidence in the Afcon security strategy, saying she was certain all would go according to plan.