DYNAMOS striker Simba Sithole yesterday left for South Africa to re-ignite his bid to return to the Absa Premiership and is set to undergo trials at SuperSport United. Sithole, who had a disappointing
stint at Mamelodi Sundowns last year, has been linked with some South African clubs of late and recently got an invitation from the Tshwane outfit.
He was supposed to go earlier this week but was forced to postpone the trip after pulling a muscle during training.
His agent Gibson Mahachi confirmed the trip yesterday and said the player was expected back home after one week, in time for Dynamos' pre-season friendly game against his former team, Mamelodi Sundowns.
Sithole was originally scheduled to start the trials last Monday but he injured himself shortly before he was due to board his flight to Johannesburg and his handlers decided not to take the risk to send him for trials when he wasn't fully fit.
"He is only going there for one week and should be back at work (at Dynamos) by next Friday.
"That injury was just a minor thing and right now he is in good condition," said Mahachi.
Sithole will join in South Africa, another Dynamos striker Rodreck Mutuma, who is currently trying his luck at Bloemfontein Celtic. Mutuma is expected to return at the end of the month.
This leaves coach Callisto Pasuwa with a depleted strikeforce in his Champions League squad as DeMbare have also parted ways with Martin Vengesai after failing to agree terms.
Uganda Boban Zirintusa, who was snapped up from Division One side Twalumba, is still to join camp while a cloud is still hanging over the availability of Francesco Zekumbawire.
DeMbare have been negotiating with Hwange for the release of the player for over one month and up to now, the parties have not come to a solution despite claims from the Dynamos camp that they have found common ground.
DeMbare have finally managed to tie down defensive midfielder Devon Chafa, who penned a new one-year deal on Wednesday.
Chafa's agent, Mahachi, confirmed the development following lengthy discussions with the club.
The Glamour Boys, though, are still to tie contracts with some of their prospective new signings like Morris Kadzola, Sydney Linyama and Zirintusa.
And this week they received warning from Kadzola's handlers, who threatened to withdraw the player if DeMbare failed to meet their side of the bargain.
The Harare giants, who face Lesotho Correctional Services in the preliminary round of the Champions League next month, are set to play their first practice match this afternoon when they engage Premiership returnees Black Rhinos at One Commando Barracks.
They have also secured an international friendly match against South African giants Mamelodi Sundowns on February 3.
Sundowns representatives Trott Moloto and Harris Choeu were in the country this week where they confirmed a week-long tour at the end of the month and will play two more friendly games against Highlanders and CAPS United during their stay.
Meanwhile, veteran Warriors player Esrom Nyandoro, whose current contract comes to an end in June, has begun pushing for an extension.
According to reports from South Africa, Nyandoro has since started discussions with the club in an attempt to tie down a new contract. Nyandoro's agent, Ryan Hartslief, told the South African media that he was optimistic about the contract discussions.
"We've started our negotiations, the deal hasn't been completed yet but we're hoping that it can be done sooner rather than later.
"He's a player that has given most of his career to the club, through good and bad. He's been in the starting line-up and he's hoping to do the deal."
Nyandoro, who has been with the Brazilians for over eight years, is hoping to land one more contract with the club before hanging up his boots in a few years time.
"The president of the club, Patrice Motsepe, has been good to me and I enjoy a healthy relationship with the club. I look forward to pledging my future to the club," Nyandoro said.