24 January 2013

Kenya: Two Injured in Morning Ruiru Blast

A building complex in Ruiru was this morning the scene of an explosion following a gas leak. The complex that houses residential rooms, lodgings and businesses was damaged after the gas leaked for the better part of the night according to neighbours.

The tenant of the room in which the explosion occurred, Miss Emily Nthenya sustained 28 per cent burns in the incident and was rushed to a nearby health center for treatment. One other person was injured in the incident but was treated for minor injuries.

The neighbours are however crying foul as Ms. Nthenya's house which is on the second floor of the three storey building did not get damaged to the extent of the rooms on first floor some of which had shattered windows and broken doors.

Copyright © 2013 The Star. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.