RODRICK MUTUMA now looks set to be the latest Glamour Boy to move to the South African Premiership after Bloemfontein Celtic yesterday officially tabled an offer to sign the striker from Dynamos.
Mutuma has been at Celtic since January 14 for a trial stint, which he has since passed, after impressing their coach Clinton Larsen and his technical crew.
The Bloemfontein Celtic management then agreed to pursue the recommendations of their coach and launch a bid for the striker.
Larsen also confirmed to the South African media that he was happy with what he saw in Mutuma.
"He has been doing well and is very impressive at training.
"Things are looking positive but we will only make a final decision about him next week," says Larsen.
Siwelele have already released striker Siyabonga Nontshinga to Mpumalanga Black Aces on a six-month loan. It has since emerged that the Celtic offer has now been tabled before Dynamos chairman Kenny Mubaiwa and his executive.
Dynamos, on their part, are understood to be keen on retaining Mutuma whom they have registered for the Champions League.
DeMbare, who have been battling with injuries ahead of the start of their Champions League campaign next month, had indicated that they would not let go of any of the players they have registered for the continental tournament. But with a firm offer having come from Celtic, and with the player also having set his sights on a move to Super Diski, it would be interesting to see if Dynamos can stand in his way and hold onto him for another season. Mutuma still has a year to go on his three-year deal with Dynamos.
Last night, Dynamos vice-chairman and spokesman, Webster Chikengezha, confirmed that they were in receipt of the offer and have opened negotiations.
"They have indicated that they want the player and negotiations are still at an early stage. But we are negotiating the figures. That's all I can say at the moment," said Chikengezha.
This move is likely to plunge Dynamos into a striker crisis as they have already lost one striker they had registered, Martin Vengesayi, after talks for a new deal collapsed. They may also lose Simba Sithole, who is still at SuperSport United for trials, and coach Gavin Hunt has requested for more days to look at the player.
Hwange forward, Francesco Zekumbawire, who is also registered in the Champions League is yet to join the Harare giants for pre-season amid indications that he could arrive in the capital today.
Of the six registered strikers, Farai Mupasiri and Boban Ziruntusa are training with team after the Ugandan (Ziruntusa) joined camp last week.
The forward started training on Saturday when he featured in a friendly match against Black Rhinos at One Commando. Coach Callisto Pasuwa has since said that the Ugandan is not an outright striker.
The local clubs featuring in the Champions League face a big challenge during the January transfer window with the Super Diski clubs stalking their key men.
Dynamos have already lost midfielder Denver Mukamba to Bidvest Wits but the midfielder was not registered for the Champions League.
Last June, they lost another striker, Takesure Chinyama, when they were still featuring in the Champions League.
Meanwhile, Monomotapa midfielder Ronald Chitiyo, who was at Orlando Pirates for trials, is now at Ajax Cape Town as he continues to look for a contract in South Africa.
l The fund-raising dinner for the Bob '89 Super Cup, originally scheduled for Friday, February 8, 2013, has now been moved to Wednesday, February 6, in Harare with the Minister of Mines and Mineral Development, Obert Mpofu, being the guest of honour.
Organising committee chairman, Stan Kasukuwere, confirmed the changes last night.