Egypt: Breaking - Seven Dead, 630 Injured in Port Said Funeral Clashes
27 January 2013
The Egyptian state television quoted the Ministry of Health on Sunday which reported that the death toll rose up to seven in Port Said.
There are 630 injured persons as well, some of them in a serious condition.
Tens of thousands of Port Said residents rallied on Sunday to mourn 29 people who were killed in violence that erupted on Saturday when a court sentenced 21 defendants to death for their involvement in last year's deadly stadium riots.
Some mourners clashed with security forces when the former hurled stones and the latter fired live shots in the air and teargas to disperse them.
Copyright © 2013 Aswat Masriya. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).
To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.
Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.