Tunis — Discussions continue to resolve all problems resulting from the decision of Canadian oil company "Winstar Tunisia BV" to shut down its two oil fields in Tataouine, the Ministry of Industry said in a statement released Friday.
These talks come after the decision of Winstar Tunisia to close its oil fields in the areas of "Chouch Sayda" and "Sanghar" because of the strike observed by employees of these two oil fields.
Mr. Rafik Hamza, manager of the company's site in Tunisia had stated earlier that "the two oil fields have not been closed but workers were temporarily evacuated".
"Winstar Tunisia BV" employs nearly 45 workers and technicians and operates 13 oil wells in the Sahara of Tataouine.
The ministry statement said the meeting held Wednesday January 23 between Minister of Industry Mohamed Lamine Chakhari, ambassador of Canada Sébastien Beaulieu and President of "Winstar Group" Charles De Mestral as well the ministry's executives, made it possible to stress the Government's will to help oil companies continue their activities under best conditions and resolve problems in the framework of the law.