The Herald (Harare)

29 January 2013

Zimbabwe: Another Blast Victim Dies

Photo: allAfrica.com
Harare

The fateful Chitungwiza explosion in which five people died on Monday last week has claimed one more life. Mr Tembo Magaya (67) succumbed to injuries sustained in the blast. According to his nephew,Blessing, Magaya died on Sunday.

"He was hit by flying materials on the thighs and taken to Chitungwiza General Hospital.

"We were told that he also suffered shock from the tremor," he said.

He said his uncle, who lived in Kotwa, was in Chitungwiza to receive medical attention.

"He was sitting in one of the rooms at our house when the blast occurred," he said.

Burial is set for today in Kotwa - his rural home. Houses along Ndororo Street are semi-detached.

The Magaya and Dumba houses shared a wall. An anti-tank landmine is believed to have caused the explosion.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2013 The Herald. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.

InFocus

Zimbabwe's 'Horror Blast' Likely a Landmine

Harare

Investigation by police into the causes of the Chitungwiza blast, which killed six people, points to the use of explosives. Read more »