Just as there are countless number of perfumes and colognes, there are as many fragrance/scented oils. From the designer Chanel No.5 to Armani Code, to all sorts of DKNY fragrances among others which are a mixture of several fragrances, to the single regular everyday scents like Jasmine, Vanilla, Lavender, Baby Powder, Honey suckle, Lemon, Orange, Rose etc there are myriad scents all over.
But what to do with all these oils? There are quite a number of uses:
1. To create your own air freshener, add a few drops of the oil to water in a spray bottle and voila!
Dab some on an artificial Christmas tree.
2. Refresh old potpourri by adding a few drops of your preferred oil to the old potpourri.
3. Add a few drops of the oil into hot melted wax as the candle burns to enjoy a scented candle.
4. Keep a cotton ball with fragrance oil under your car seat or inside your dresser drawers.
5. Use some on your skin as perfume.
6. Add a drop on your cold light bulb to scent a room.
7. Add a few drops of lavender oil in your bath water for a fresh just showered smell.
8. Add some to a gift package bow, to give the gift an extra personal touch.
9. Put some on a hanky and put in your purse for your 'signature purse smell'.
10. If you are a soap maker then you can use some for your soap making.
11. Leave a bottle of fragrance oil open while meditating or near a fan.
12. Add to plain lotion to create your own designer lotion.
13. Mix some with your personal massage oils.
14. Put some on a paper towel and tuck in stored clean shoes.
Add some to your final rinse lingerie wash water.
15. Dab some on your wooden fashion accessories like necklaces and bangles.
16. Add to live flowers that don't have a scent.
17. Pour some down a funky drain overnight.
18. Dab some of your fave oil on your headboard, wooden windowsill and on the interiors of your car.
19. Put some in a pencil cup to scent your pens.
20. Add some in cornstarch for some scented powder.
21. Refresh car air fresheners with your fave scented oil.
About MAUREEN OJUNGA
Maureen knows what's IN and what's NOT in fashion because she takes the time to find out. She will definitely fill you in on the latest fashion trends and give you style tips galore. She also tackles Relationships and Sex pieces
MAUREEN OJUNGA has written 274 posts.